FAME Offering Additional Online Financial Aid Sessions
ONLINE FINANCIAL AID SESSIONS:
Thinking about your family’s future higher education? Now is a good time to learn more about Financial Aid & Higher Education Financing.
We hope that you and your family are safe and doing okay.
As we look to a brighter future, The Finance Authority of Maine (FAME) is here to help and provide information to families and students so you can be more prepared when things return to some sense of normal.
Earning a degree or certificate is an important financial and personal investment. But many students and families wonder how to navigate the financial aid process and pay for college.
Please join FAME for one of our online Financial Aid and Higher Education Financing session (also known as a Financial Aid Night).
During a Financial Aid and Higher Education Financing session you’ll learn more about:
- The financial aid process and filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Types of financial aid and tools for comparing financial aid offers
- Strategies to minimize college costs
- Impact of current events on the financial aid process
These sessions will be offered via Zoom webinar and provide the same content as our regular in-person sessions. The webinars will be held:
- Friday, April 10 at 2:00 PM – register me
- Tuesday, April 14 at 6:00 PM – register me
- Wednesday, April 22 at 2:00 PM – register me
- Thursday, April 30 at 6:00 PM – register me
You will receive a confirmation once registered. You can join your session via your computer, Zoom app (which you’ll need to download), or by calling in via telephone.
These sessions will be hosted by a member of FAME’s College Access team. There will be the opportunity to ask questions of a FAFSA expert.
FAME’s College Access and Financial Education Team:
Mila Tappan, College Access and Outreach Manager
Jessica Whittier, College Access Counselor
Maria MacDougal, College Access Counselor
Nikki Vachon, College Access Counselor
Floreka Malual, College Planning Advisor
Mary Dyer, Financial Education Officer