Westbrook Regional Vocational Center is a proud member of Maine’s network of career and technical education (CTE) schools.
We offer hands-on, career-oriented education in a variety of programs.
Please visit the pages of our site to learn more about us. If you have a question or would like to learn more about becoming a student, please contact us.
Thank you for visiting!
WRVC School Philosophy
The staff of Westbrook Regional Vocational Center believes Vocational Education prepares students for entry into the labor force and/or postsecondary education. We offer all interested students a hands-on, task oriented method of instruction that develops knowledge, skills and attitudes for life and work. Our programs are designed to meet the community’s changing technology-based labor demands and the student’s need for quality meaningful employment. WRVC has regular interaction with the community and industry through advisory committees, student organizations, and service projects, which assist in keeping curriculum, methods, and materials current and relevant.
Additionally WRVC believes that ALL students should have access to Vocational Education as a component of their secondary education. We recognize students as lifelong learners and encourage early awareness of vocational and post-secondary opportunities. We reinforce interdisciplinary learning in the student’s regular educational setting and recognize Westbrook School Department’s Vision Statement as a guiding document in creating a learning environment for our students.
Westbrook Regional Vocational Center ensures equal employment and educational opportunities regardless of race, color, marital status, religion, age, handicapping condition, national origin, or gender in compliance with federal and state law.
WRVC School Goals
Westbrook Regional Vocational Center Philosophy is supported by the following goals:
- · Provide equal access to Vocational Education for ALL students
- · Prepare graduates for entry level into the labor force
- · Prepare graduates for post-secondary education
- · Maintain a safe, hands-on, task-oriented learning environment
- · Maintain a partnership with community and industry
- · Help student’s development professional attitudes for success in life and work
- · Maintain current and relevant curriculum, methods, and materials
- · Support and encourage lifelong learning
- · Support and encourage interdisciplinary learning
- · Achieve program objectives in accordance with each student’s individual abilities
- · Share the responsibility to create “the best education for all for life”
- · Review and revise WRVC philosophy and goals periodically