First year curriculum;
- Web Design and Development
- Flash Animation
- Graphic Design
- After Effects: Video Film Effects
Student certifications to be offered;
- ACA (Adobe Certified Association) in Photoshop, Dreamweaver and Flash
Skills practiced in this program:
- Industry standard graphics software, i.e. advertising, marketing, broadcast,
- Video production animation
- Fine art
- Analytical skills
Skills students will acquire:
- Understanding how different types of images are utilized on the net Hand code web sites and utilize web technologies.
- A working knowledge of Adobe Flash; in addition, they will acquire skills in animation and develop skills in Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Flash
- Proficiency with Photoshop, Dreamweaver (in program mode), and Flash
- An understanding of how the Internet works and how web pages are built and viewed around the world.
Activities in which students partake:
- Students will participate in creation of their own web sites.
- They will work with some of our clients on non-profit web projects. This could include creating the layout for a site using Photoshop to build mockups of different site designs, transition the mockup to markup languages to be viewed on the Internet.
- Students would also start preproduction story boards to work out eventual Flash multimedia projects.
Entry-level Job Opportunities:
- Web Development Associate
- Design Assistant
- Web Masters Assistant
- College level studying in graphic design
This course meets Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, and Fri.
This course is held at Westbrook Regional Vocational Center in room 417.