First year curriculum;
- Web Design and Development
- Blender – 3D Modeling and Animation
- Digital Imaging using Adobe Photoshop
- Video Editing and Effects using Adobe Premiere and After Effects
- Exploring Computer Science
- Android App Inventor
- Computer Science Principles
Student certifications to be offered;
- ACA (Adobe Certified Association)
Skills practiced in this program:
- Industry standard graphics software, i.e. advertising, marketing, broadcast,
- Video production animation
- Video Editing
- UX design
- 3D modeling, animation and rendering
- Computer Concepts
- Fine art
- Analytical skills
Skills students will acquire:
- Understanding how different types of images are utilized on the net Hand code web sites and utilize web technologies.
- A working knowledge of Adobe Products.
- Proficiency in the Adobe Workflow
- How to use the information from Socail Media and not just be a consumer
- Understanding of the foundations and building blocks of Computer Science Principles and Concepts
- An understanding of how the Internet works and how web pages are built and viewed around the world.
Activities in which students partake:
- Students will participate in creation of their own web sites.
- They will work with some of our clients on non-profit web projects. This could include creating the layout for a site using Photoshop to build mockups of different site designs, transition the mockup to markup languages to be viewed on the Internet.
- Students will work with Professional Video Editing and Effects software.
- Students have the opportunity to acquire ACA designations for Digital Imaging, Video Editing, and Web Design.
Entry-level Job Opportunities:
- Web Development Associate
- Design Assistant
- Web Masters Assistant
- Assisitant Editors
- Graphic Deign
- 3D modeling and CAD
- Social Media